Simulation and Control Technologies, Inc. has developed a digital controller update for hydraulic control loading systems. This update provides a seamless, high performance, cost effective solution for the replacement of analog control loading electronics with state of the art PC based digital controllers. This solution is intended for simulators that are burdened with a high level of maintenance on analog systems to meet FAA level B, C, or D standard. SCT would bypass all the analog circuitry and drive the hydraulic loaders directly from our own I/O board within the Digital Control Loader (DCL) CPU. The analog models are replaced with software running at a 2KHz rate. The DCL Update makes for a more maintainable system for both the hardware maintenance staff and for the engineering staff. Engineering updates required to match changes in the actual aircraft can easily be done in the DCL software models instead of going through the nightmare of redesigning the analog circuitry and the endless tweaking.
Digital Inner and Outer Loops
- Insures drift free static and dynamic repeatability
- Eliminate the adjustments and realignments typically required with existing analog hardware models and controllers
- Provides automatic tuning and calibration
- Provides ample computational capability to ensure superior performance of the hydraulic actuator in achieving any level of certification required
- Extends the life span of all simulators
- Minimal mechanical hardware modifications
- No need to purchase new (expensive) high force control actuators
- All plumbing, linkages, brackets and actuators remain undisturbed
- Options include refitting of new hydraulic actuators or state of the art electric motor actuator assemblies
Minimal Down Time
In-house testing and development: utilizing our in-house test bed, all modeling and testing functions are performed before the actual installation ? Non-intrusive on-site installation performed during maintenance periods leaving the simulator available for scheduled training everyday until final test and acceptance.
Seamless approach maintains present simulator hydraulic control, safety interlocks, and IOS functions while providing extensive diagnostic capabilities Simulator revisions, upgrades and modifications are quickly implemented with easy to read, straight forward modeling in the "C" programming language. All model source code is provided.
Contact us today if you have questions or are ready to get started with a hydraulic update.